House Scarf Bookmark

As I'm preparing to reread the HP series from the start (again), it suddenly occurred to me that I need a special book mark to use - Namely a house bookscarf! Patterns for these are all over the internet (in fact, Lion Brand Yarn published a free pattern here), but I chose to modify Laura K. Miller's pattern originally published in Charmed Knits to best suit my vision.



Materials:
    Notes: 
    • When doing frequent color changes: Twist the new color with the old color at the beginning of the round, and carry yarn loosely up the inside of the bookmark until the next color change. This eliminates some of the loose ends you'll need to deal with later.
    • I tried this technique from Knit Darling for 2-row jogless stripes. I'm not sure I did it right, or maybe it just doesn't work well for this piece, but my stripes aren't as "jogless" as those shown in the video. 
    And now I'm ready to start reading. :)


    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Sorcerer's Stone: Unanswered Questions